Design & Tech Intern
Wearable Media is seeking a talented Design & Technology Intern to join our team. We are looking for an organized, motivated, and detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a tight-knit team. Strong interest or knowledge in fashion, e-textile or wearable technology is a plus.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A design internship at Wearable Media provides hands-on learning experience in a multi-disciplinary studio environment. You will be exposed to all aspects of our creative process, from concept and design to development, and production. You will work closely with the three co-founders to both learn and contribute to projects.
The Design Intern will:
- Assist in digital, interactive and print design.
- Support team in various capacities, i.e. research, prototyping and implementation.
- Assist in managing our social media campaigns.
- Take on documenting studio projects with digital and video camera.
- Help facilitate in ordering and purchasing materials for prototypes.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external studio projects.
- Actively ask questions and learn at a fast pace.
- Take ownership of selected internal projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design or design communication. We are also accepting applications from design students seeking internship credits.
- Will be able to work 8-15 hours a week.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, physical computing, laser-cutting and 3D printing fabrication methods.
- Highly detail oriented, organized and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- A strong design portfolio with samples of work in digital, interaction or print design.
- Experience with documenting projects using digital and video camera.
- Strong interest or experience in managing social media campaigns.
- Knowledge or strong interest in fashion or e-textile technologies is a plus.
April 15, 2018. We will be finalizing decisions on April 20th. Start date is asap.
16-Week Period (flexible with school schedules)
- Will work as a team member in our studio, gaining first hand experience building high tech fashion projects.
- Access to NEW INC studio space.
- Monthly travel stipend.
- Provide proof for school credits.
- Portfolio review at the end of the internship.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Part-time Summer Internship: 8-15 hours a week
Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
Time: 16-Week Period (flexible with school schedules)
Location: NEW INC., 231 Bowery, Second Floor, NY, NY 10002