Fashion & Design Internship
Wearable Media Studio is seeking design students interested in e-textile and wearable technology to be part of the Fall 2017 internship Program. You can gain experience and insight in integrating technology into garments while working on cross-disciplinary projects with our dynamic team.
Aug.5th.2017 at 12AM.
We are interviewing from Aug.5th until Aug.10th and will be making decisions by Aug.10th 2017.
14-Week Period (flexible with school schedules)
- A part-time design student working towards a degree.
- Will be able to work 8-15 hours a week.
- Technical proficiency with draping, pattern making, machine and hand sewing. At least 1-2 years experience preferred.
- Good understanding of textiles and its various applications in garment construction.
- Good understanding of fit, form, and silhouette.
- Highly detail oriented, organized and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Knowledge or interest in e-textile technologies + high tech fashion is a plus.
- Work directly with team on building prototypes and garment construction.
- Assist in draping, pattern making and sewing prototypes.
- Assist in mood and fabric board presentations.
- Help facilitate in ordering and purchasing materials for prototypes.
- Will work as a team member in our studio, gaining first hand experience building high tech fashion projects.
- Access to the BF+DA (Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator) studio space.
- Monthly travel stipend.
- Provide proof for school credits.
- Portfolio review at the end of the internship.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Part-time Summer Internship: 8-15 hours a week
Application Deadline: Aug.5th.2017 at 12AM.
Time: 14-Week Period (flexible with school schedules)
Location: 630 Flushing Ave. Suite 704, Brooklyn, 11206