Wearable Media Studio is seeking fashion students interested in wearable technology to be part of the Summer 2017 internship Program. You can gain experience and insight in integrating technology into garments while working on cross-disciplinary projects with our dynamic team.
May 8.2017 at 12PM.
We are interviewing from May 15 until May 19 and will be making decisions by May22.
12-Week Period, 12-Week Period, June 5 – August 25, 2017 (flexible with school schedules)
- A full or part-time fashion design student working towards a degree.
- Will be able to work 20-25 hours a week.
- Technical proficiency with draping, pattern making, machine and hand sewing. At least 1-2 years experience preferred.
- Good understanding of textiles and its various applications in garment construction.
- Good understanding of fit, form, and silhouette.
- Highly detail oriented, organized and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Knowledge or interest in e-textile technologies + high tech fashion is a plus.
- Work directly with team on building prototypes and garment construction.
- Assist in draping, pattern making and sewing prototypes.
- Assist in mood and fabric board presentations.
- Help facilitate in ordering and purchasing materials for prototypes.
- Will work as a team member in our studio, gaining first hand experience building high tech fashion projects.
- Access to the BF+DA (Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator) studio space.
- Monthly travel stipend.
- Provide proof for school credits.
- Portfolio review at the end of the internship.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Summer Internship: 20-25 hours a week
Application Deadline: May 8. 2017 at 12PM
Time: 12-Week Period, 12-Week Period, June 5 – August 25, 2017
Location: 630 Flushing Ave. Suite 704, Brooklyn, 11206