Fashion Tech Internship
Wearable Media is seeking a talented Fashion Intern with interest in wearable technology to join our team. We are looking for an organized, motivated, and detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a tight-knit team. Strong interest or knowledge in e-textile or wearable technology is a plus.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A fashion internship at Wearable Media provides hands-on learning experience in a multi-disciplinary studio environment. You will be exposed to all aspects of our creative process, from concept and design to development, and production. You will work closely with the three co-founders to both learn and contribute to projects.
The Fashion Intern will:
- Assist team in pattern making, draping, sewing samples, and fashion illustrations (croquis sketch, flats, etc.).
- Assist with sourcing and purchasing textiles.
- Assist with mood and fabric board presentations.
- Support team in various capacities, i.e. research, prototyping and implementation.
- Help facilitate in ordering and purchasing materials for prototypes.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external studio projects.
- Actively ask questions and learn at a fast pace.
- Take ownership of selected internal projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, or design technology. We are also accepting applications from fashion design students seeking internship credits.
- Will be able to work 8-15 hours a week.
- Technical proficiency with draping, pattern making, machine and hand sewing. 1-2 years experience preferred.
- Good understanding of textiles and its various applications in garment construction.
- Good understanding of fit, form, and silhouette.
- Highly detail oriented, organized and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- A strong design portfolio with samples of work including concept boards, garment designs, documentation of constructed garment samples, and fashion illustrations, .
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with physical computing, laser-cutting and 3D printing fabrication methods is a plus.
- Knowledge or strong interest in e-textile technologies.
April 15, 2018. We will be finalizing decisions on April 20th. Start date is asap.
16-Week Period (flexible with school schedules)
- Will work as a team member in our studio, gaining first hand experience building high tech fashion projects.
- Access to NEW INC studio space.
- Monthly travel stipend.
- Provide proof for school credits.
- Portfolio review at the end of the internship.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Summer Internship: 8-15 hours a week
Application Deadline: April 15, 2018
Time: 16-Week Period (flexible with school schedules)
Location: NEW INC., 231 Bowery, Second Floor, NY, NY 10002